View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i like mantha because he is, IMO what this team has lacked sorely the last while. a winger with a nasty shot who can set up for one-timers and also create space for himself. he could be deadly with giroux on the PP in a few years, but i think he has the frame and skill set to step into an NHL role next season. He's also arguably the best skater in the draft, at least amongst forwards. he doesn't project to be a 2-way player, and the knock on him has been that he tends to float sometimes, but he's definitely not a liability in that area either. I think he can become a Bobby Ryan/Corey Perry type player if developed with a strong playmaking center.
Do you really think Couturier can return Gormley and the 11th overall? I think one or the other + 3rd or something is far more reasonable.

At the moment, we're looking more likely to draft 8th than 6th--and there's a very good chance Nurse is gone. I'm warming toward the notion of drafting Nichushkin over Monahan/Zadorov/Ristolainen, etc. While there's no immediate impact, it provides (hopefully) a strong top-6 player who brings a lot of the same qualities you've described two years from now.

If we trade Couturier, it has to be for a somewhat proven commodity or a can't-miss prospect. FLA fans indicated some interest in swapping Kulikov for Couturier (if they select Jones)--that's a much better match than Gormley + 3rd or so, IMO.