View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 12:02 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I understood completely what you meant in terms of discussing this objectively without getting riled up since its a sensitive matter, but we can look at the logistics.

I don't fullly understand why the entire city is on lockdown for one guy. It's not like they do that in similar situations, this seems to be very specific. Please note that my sister lives right in back bay, a few blocks from where the explosions happened, so I don't want anyone getting hurt/I care about the safety situation. I just don't get why they think the guy can't hide/force his way into a house/whatever if he really wants to. I'm probably being naive or mis-informed, so feel free to explain.

That being said, IF there's a lockdown, then of course, I understand cancelling the game.
Yes see this is where I'm curious, and researching recent Boston city and state government policy might explain the lockdown. For five years now Boston has had an 11pm curfew for all people under 21. This February in response to a storm, Mass Governor Deval Patrick ordered all citizens to stay home, closed all public transit and threatened one year in jail for driving. That was unprecedented. Now a police action seeking a crime suspect the city goes into lockdown. If I was a conspiracy theorist I might think the city is an experiment in confining an urban population to their homes.