View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
HoSang should have been drafted 2nd last year
Interesting point, but I dont think so. Mckeown was a better selection at #2. Best Dman in the draft with a long distance runners endurance. He competed so hard, he never wanted to come off the ice. He fit a team need as well in Kingston. U knew what u were getting from Mckeown game to game, with Hosang u werent sure if he was going to showboat all game or try and play hockey. It was an extreme with him.

Hosang's value declined over the course of his minor midget year, starting before Christmas. At the same time, Hosang has #2 skill level behind Mcdavid but does not always know how to use it the right way and that fact alone continues to hurt his potential in my eyes. A focused Hosang could contend for the OHL scoring title in upcoming years but he seems too interested in self promotion, dangling, toe drags and turning pucks over.

The Capobianco selection in my eyes was too early. I think he was a late first round pick. If Im an opposing team, I dump it into his corner in the OHL and wear him down in the corner, he will be over-matched. He has excellent puck moving skills but he is a very wirey kid, weighing around 150 pounds. Dman take longer to develop, I think Capo struggles in Year 1 more than say Troy Henley.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote