Old
04-19-2013, 01:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Honestly I'd rather double down on d prospects unless there is a clear best player available scenario involved, like if everyone is scared of by Nichushkin's Russian-ness and he drops.
Nichushkin is clearly a talented player. I don't know much about his work ethic or goals or whatever you want to call it, but this league has seen a couple guys in recent years with a ton of talent come from Russia and either fizzle out because of a purported lack of interest/work ethic or whatever you want to call it, or just bolt to Russia at some point (Zherdev, Filitov, Arthyukin, Radulov come to mind...there may be more that I am unaware of). People are constantly on Homer for his poor asset management and squandering draft picks on trades or goons, but this seems ok to many. I see it as a high risk-high reward scenario, in a sea of low-risk-high reward scenarios (defenseman or other forwards that may be available) The reward may not be as high, but the risk certainly is lower. I would be completely uncomfortable drafting this guy knowing he is under contract for two more years in the KHL. I'm not saying he won't come over or won't be good when/if he does, I am just saying if I have a top ten pick, I would be very uncomfortable spending on him.