View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
One of our fans suggested keeping an open mind about moving Weber. So I did. Most other fans come in here and offer absurd deals for our players. Why would a deal rile up our fan base if we got a fair or more than fair return for our best player? If it's a good deal it's a good deal and any GM would be a fool not to listen. And why is it hypothetical? Every GM is on the phone probably every day with other GM's exploring options to make their team better. If it means moving good players, you do it. If it means moving the franchise player, you do it. I don't see how this is riling anyone up. If my offer was Simmonds, Meszaros and a 2nd round pick I would see your point but the offer is more than fair and even if you think Philly wouldn't do it, Holmgren would at least ponder it. Heck, even if it was just Weber for Giroux straight up, would you consider it? I know I would but being that Weber is top 3 at his position, that's why I felt Philly needed to throw in more to sweeten the deal.
No, I see where you're coming from. I just think most fan bases, our own being no exception, often struggle with assessing player values as is, without adding in unbalanced hypotheticals.

I can see though, from a philosophical standpoint, some hypotheticals can be an interesting exercise. Taking your Weber for Giroux as an example, we fill the organization's gaping need for an elite, youngish, center, but rip a massive hole in our defensive depth. Would it be worth it?

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote