View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 01:36 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
That's fine, my point was never about Gaborik and how important his points are. People were saying DB has outscore Gaborik by alot, thats not really the full story. I think that's a BS argument to begin with, players who take the brunt of the other teams force are not comparable to 2nd and 3rd line tweeners.
Gaborik is looking like the 2012-13 NYR Gaborik. 1 pt in his last 4 games.

And, while we're on the subject, let's be honest and say that Brassard's position is quite a bit more demanding in every facet than Gaborik's is.

Brassard is a 2nd line guy that's still got upside. He's young, he's talented, and certainly didn't have a lot of talent surrounding him with his former team.

And, I don't think your argument that Gaborik not producing against other team's best lines (which was the case here this year) really helps your case all that much. If he really is a 7.5/year player then he's SUPPOSED to produce against those top players. And, he didn't. Not the way he was supposed to. Not this year. Not on the PP.

I hope he finds his game in Columbus. I hope Brassard continues to step it up here in NY.