View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
To be fair, Gabby rarely, if ever, played on the top line in New York this season. And Brassard played on the top line in Columbus. You're not really comparing peaches to peaches here. Both are top line players in C-bus, neither are top line players in New York. Both are quite streaky, Gabby costs a lot more. I love Gaborik, think his skill is other worldly, but do see how this trade potential could have been a win for NYR based upon needs.
How am I not saying its a win? I think it is. That was not what was being pointed out here. My mere suggesting that Brass has at least been on par with, not worlds better than Gab has been for Columbus. Two different circumstances. Truth is both trades have done something to balance out both teams lineups.

My beef has never been the talent we got back in the trade, just wanted to at least recoup one high pick in the deal, but I know those picks are not popular on a site called HF .

I liked all the players we got back for years. Two years ago after training camp I posted here about trading Anisimov in a possible Brassard deal.

This organization wants to make a push to win now. I wonder how much the move had to do with the fear of a Richards decline so bad that they had to get a guy who could play Center. If DB is the best they could do I guess there was really no choice.

Dorsett needs to get back to game shape, shame he wasn't healthy, would've been the key to this deal for the 'win now' movement.