View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 06:23 PM
tiger_80

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Gagner is having a good year but he has been cold the last little bit, 2 assist in the last 5 games. His value is the highest it will be and I don't see him being part of the core in the future, time to deal him now. If we can get a top 3 dman back then we have to do it. He is terrible on the faceoff and his two way game is not the best. When it comes to being hard on the puck he can be pushed off very easily.

I think that we should trade for Ott, I would be ok with him being our 2C for a couple of seasons until our pick we draft this year is ready to be in the 2C, then Ott can be the 3C. Ott will add what we need in the top 6 and his faceoff % is very good. I think our team improves dramatically with a better faceoff%. I can see RNH improving to about 45% next year also.
If Gagner is not a good fit on the bottom-feeding Oilers, why would he be of any interest to better teams? His trade value is not all that high, especially given the salary he will command. We'd be lucky to get a pair of solid 3rd liners for him and Hemsky, IMHO.