View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Said it before, I'll say it again. Moving Plekanec would be a stupid, terrible mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
You don't trade your best player unless you are going full rebuild. We don't need to do that as there are going to be guys available at low cost because of cap issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not sure we should move any centers at this point, aside from maybe DD.
If Eller can keep up his progression and become around a 60pt player (he's on a scoring pace of a 50pt player over a full year this season without PP time or two top 6 wingers), then having Galchenyuk-Eller-Plek down the middle is seriously interesting. Not sure I'm ready to let go of this.

Imagine if Galchenyuk becomes that franchise center, scoring at ppg pace, with Eller at 60ish pts, and Plekanec chipping in 40-50 as a 3rd center, that would be amazing.

We can't trade Plekanec now. Galchenyuk hasn't even played center yet, Eller isn't even used in a top 6 role, and DD is struggling this year. Nobody has come close to being capable of filling Plekanec's role.
Seabrook would be an interesting addition, but not for Plekanec.
Really don't care about the Plekanec situation. If he's traded for a big return/overpayment, I'm happy. If he's not, I'm happy. Please consider looking over the OP for what the post actually meant

To paraphrase I was suggesting to trade current roster players (depth) for impact prospects/RFAs/picks from teams that would be looking for said roster players so we can compete in the future and continue with our rebuild.