View Single Post
04-19-2013, 07:51 PM
Giuseppe Franco
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
To be fair, I'll agree. Carnker looked Awful on the first goal, i'll admit that, but overall he has played a pretty solid game all year.
He's been great at clearing guys out in front of the net and being that tough nasty big mean dman we have all wanted for years now. Carkner may not be the fastest skater, or most skilled but he brings an element to this team that no one else can. Look no past the end of the Philly game where Harttnal tried to get rough at the end of the game and Carkner came over and you could see the fear in Harttnals face.

Do you realize Carnker is not a finess defender? It should not come as a suprise he's going to look off sometimes. He is here to provide toughness on our blue line, and protection as well as play a sound stay at home game who for the most part has player pretty decent all year.

Who cares if Boulton played 13 games, he was not in the lineup to score goals, if you ever played the game before you would know that.
I don't think we're as far apart as you may think. I love tough players. I love fights. We've been sorely lacking in the size/grit/toughness dept. for a few years now. My point is while Carkner and Boulton address those concerns their deficiencies in other areas do not make up for whatever toughness they bring. I'll take Martinek over Carkner and Joensuu over Boulton any day. Toronto does have some tough guys but they also have a lot of speedy forwards and a slow defender like Carkner will have his problems with teams like that as shown last night.

Giuseppe Franco is offline   Reply With Quote