View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieboy View Post
One more thing. I said this last year in reference to, gasp, Trevor Gillies. I had heard and quoted at the time interviews with Tavares and others who thanked Gillies and praised the tough, but VITAL, role he played. Well, guys on this site, who know better, disagreed. I have followed hockey for 35+ years. I know the sport. However, I have never played professionally. I am fan. The guys who play the sport know it better than us. We have opinions; they have facts.
Because that's what you're supposed to say when asked about Trevor Gillies role. Lets just say that JT thought that Gillies was a waste of space. Would he ever admit it!? Heck no.

Goons are a vestige of way back when, when goons could literally knock JT out of the game if they pleased. You haven't been able to do that for ages. I don't want to get into this argument again, so I won't say more. But I just want it to be known, I am patently against goonery (Boulton), but I appreciate guys who play physical (physical as in actual physical play and not fisticuffs), guys like Martin, CMac.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote