View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Isles4ever82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Franco View Post
I don't think we're as far apart as you may think. I love tough players. I love fights. We've been sorely lacking in the size/grit/toughness dept. for a few years now. My point is while Carkner and Boulton address those concerns their deficiencies in other areas do not make up for whatever toughness they bring. I'll take Martinek over Carkner and Joensuu over Boulton any day. Toronto does have some tough guys but they also have a lot of speedy forwards and a slow defender like Carkner will have his problems with teams like that as shown last night.
I agree Carnker and Boulton dont need to be dressed every night but when you have a team like Toronto who is dressing 2 HW goons on the 4th line and a HW goon on defence it's games like this where these guys need to be in the line-up.

Against teams like Caps ect that pose no threat goon wise then I agree those guys should be sitting in those games. I just feel considering who Toronto was dressing in their home building I just think the Isles made the right move last night.

Orr,Fraser and Mclaren were real quiet last night, I dont thik thats by chance. They knew if they start getting out of hand there are a couple of guys they are going to have to deal with on the other side.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote