Old
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Uncle Jorgi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
A little early to say that, no?

Becuase he could be better.

And you make this statement based on........what exactly?
Keep in mind that even though Lundqvist is young and was only a rookie last year, it's not like he came out of nowhere. He's been absolutely stellar the past three years ... two were just not in the NHL.

As far as Montoya being better is concerned, i think that's a pretty tall order. While admitting i haven't seen a ton of games he's played in, i have seen a few, and the impression i got was a talented but somewhat undisciplined guy who at times overcommitted to the shooter and would occasionally even lose his positioning. While those are both coachable (and obviously weren't huge issues given his stats), it does mean he's a long way behind Lundqvist, who was in the NHL and dominating last year. And in a lot of the games i saw, "dominating" was probably to passive a description. There were times when the guy was just absolutely ridiculous , winning games practically single-handedly. You don't get much better than that, and if Montoya turns out to be, then trade Henrik and clear your schedule from 2009 to about 2015 ... you have a lot of parades to attend ...

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote