View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 10:02 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
This is, by far, the best team we have seen on this home stand. It'll take an A game to win this one, the Jets won't sneak away with 2 points unless we see a solid game from all the lines. Puck possession is key against the Isles, they play hard on the boards, they are fast and they are great on the cycle. While Tavares is obviously the biggest threat, the Isles D put up points, Grabner has looked really good lately and Josh Bailey, while he's cooled off a bit, has been unreal on both sides of the puck in the second half.

Isles D is a really gifted unit, they really move the puck around nicely and generate a lot of offence from the back end. Streit and Vishnovsky can be pretty deadly.

Limit the turnovers and be smart with the puck once we get possession... those things will be the keys to victory.
I mentioned it earlier but of all the teams we are chasing I believe the Isles are the best. This home stand has been fun but there was a clear dividing line between the games we have played up to now and the last 4 games we will be playing. up until now we have needed to beat teams to keep pace but we had the edge. tomorrow we do not have the edge IMHO......it feels like a game 7 in the playoffs or as close as we might come to it this year. we can win this game but the margin of error is razor thin (Kane cannot take one of his penalties in the wrong zone type thin)!

Last year I picked the Devils to go to the cup from the east (and the Preds from the west ). if the playoffs started tomorrow I would lean towards choosing the Islanders from the east at this exact point.

It really doesn't get any better than this.

Last edited by ps241: 04-19-2013 at 10:11 PM.