View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 10:08 PM
AgentM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Depending on the price of Dupuis or Iginla, maybe the Pens can re-sign Murray and let Dumoulin develop a little more. I don't think the Pens can realistically keep both Dupuis and Iginla. Dupuis is a huge part of the team, but does anyone else think Iginla should be a bigger priority? Iginla is a little under 2 years older than Dupuis but is a future hall of famer and I don't if anyone agrees with me on this but a better player than Dupuis?

Dupuis will be cheaper than Iginla no doubt in my mind, so maybe Shero decides to keep him because he gels with Crosby and Kunitz and he would cost less which would help us with the Letang and Malkin extensions.

Maybe Shero does move a guy like Martin or Orpik to clear that room, only Shero and his staff knows.

I said this on the previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Here's a question I never thought I'd seriously ask:

Would you rather sign Iginla for 2 years at $5m per or Dupuis for 2 years at $3m per?

I LOVE Iginla, but Dupuis might be the smarter move as he's absolutely perfect for this team and keeps improving. Plus it would save cap space to hold onto Murray.