Thread: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
04-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Kreid or Die
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Again with these wrong side of 30 comments. Clowe and Richards are still young men. Wrong side of 30 is Iginla, Alfredsson, Kiprusoff, Hejduk. Clowe is a big guy who is slow, so he plays a grinding game and has soft hands to boot. He's worth $4-4.8 on the open market, especially if an albatross like Richards is getting a 6.666667 cap hit. Lets see what he does in the playoffs for us before we decide on a number. We just gave up 3 picks for him, why would we be in a hurry to get rid of him?
They are not young men. I understand trying to look at the positives, but those are facts. He is indeed on the wrong side of 30. His game has been declining. Drury's game disappeared. Clowe plays a physically exhausting game just like Drury did. He has been battling an injury all year. Clowe wants a multi-year contract, originally at a high cap hit. I'm not saying I don't want to keep him but you better be careful in what you decide to pay him because you have other players to pay in the salary cap world. And you can't compare what he should get to what Richards makes. In essence you're saying since richards makes that money clowe should be paid handsomely as well. No, sorry that is not how business works. The Richards contract was a bad one. He will more likely than not be an amnesty buyout in 2014. I would think Clowe doesn't want to sign a contract only to be amnestied the next off season.

Last edited by RGY: 04-20-2013 at 02:07 AM.
RGY is offline   Reply With Quote