Thread: Value of: Marc Methot to Edmonton?
View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 07:43 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
How does Ottawa value Methot? What would Edmonton have to ship Ottawa to acquire Marc Methot?
I'll admit that I'm a Sens fan who hated the Foligno for Methot deal at first, but Methot has played very, very well, is a good complement to EK, and is one of a precious few Sens that has been mostly healthy this season. He has totally won me over, and has played like a top pairing Dman whether Karlsson was in the lineup or not. He also was thrilled to be traded to his hometown of Ottawa, and was on record many, many times before the lockout ended saying how he couldn't wait to put on the Sens jersey. He has fit in very well, and would only be moved for an upgrade. Since Edmonton is in need of D and goaltending, doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
So I like how overpays are acceptable for #5 D... but Eberle has lost value and is worth only unproven picks prospects... love this place and Sens fans... keep on keeping on...
See above. Also, you might want to watch him play... He is playing as a top pairing Dman, even without Karlsson, and doesn't look out of place one bit. Tell me 4 Dmen on your team that would realistically be ahead of Methot. Other than (arguably) J. Schultz, who is not at all the same type of Dman, there are none. So the "#5 Dman" comment was ridiculous. Just like how you completely ignored the 'if' in the other poster's post. Read posts more carefully before responding to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
I'm a big Eberle supporter so I'm with you on that, but to say Methot is a #5 Dman... cmon man...

He's our #2 Dman when everyone is healthy, and you won't hear a single Sens fan complain about that.

His value to Ottawa is significantly higher than his value to any other team. It would require a stupid overpayment.

When it comes to Ebs.. people are underrating his value because he is something Edmonton has a surplus of. Personally, I'd rather just keep the Surplus. lol

Not sure how to answer that because IDK if you're implying Ottawa is a great destination, or a horrible one... lol
To be fair, with what Cowen has showed so far, if that continues, he may be our 2nd best Dman. I think the Sens may have the luxury long-term of having 3 Dman that can legitimately be called top pairing : Karlsson, Methot, and Cowen.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote