Thread: Player Discussion: Mats Zuccarello
View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The little guy has played well. Good for him. Its a sad state of affairs for the Rangers they had to pluck Zuccarello back from the KHL and he is receiving top 9 minutes. The issue with Zuccarello is this. Why is it when someone criticizes Zuccarello,they are accused of hating him? Posters here always accusing anyone who says anything bad about Zuccarello as being a "hater". Players get bashed all the time. Only when someone says something about Mats are they accused of "hating" him. Torts didn't want Zuccarello on the team because of the media from Norway. There was this one female reporter who annoyed John. All she cared about was Zuccarello. Why isn't Mats playing more? Why isn't Mats dressed? It didn't matter what the team did when Mats was here. Its all about Mats. Its the same thing with the Zuccarello guys from Norway.
I can't agree on much if any of this.

It's a sad state of affair to have Zucc on a top 9? Have you seen the top 9s around the league? There are many very avg hockey players in this league... We have played guys like Boyle and Pyatt and Kreider in our top 9 as an example.

Torts cares about reporters?

The problem is this, people wants to believe that things are black and white. It makes life easier. I don't know how many say that Zucc is so much improved this season, I don't get that. Basically everyone said the exact same thing when he got back last season, everyone liked him and he helped the team. Then he was hurt and didn't resign.

Zucc had Gabby, Cally and Prust ahead of him. He didn't have a good fit at center for him. So he didn't make it, not because he wasn't good enough, but because he wasn't a good fit for us. All while it was obvious that he clearly could make good plays at the NHL level, and in a perfect environment do really well. That's life. That's pro sport for you.

But it seems to mess with people's circles. He couldn't possibly be a ok NHLer since he didn't make it could he?

We shouldn't overrate Zucc. He is what he is. I think he could get hot, but he got his flaws.