View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 08:54 AM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
The only time Lemieux is overrated, is when people say he is better than Gretzky.

Gretzky has more points, more goals, assists, better individual seasons, career, more goals per game at their peak, more cups, more trophies, etc... Gretzky was better and anyone who says otherwise is overrating Lemieux or underrating Gretzky.

In any other way - no - he was a fantastic player and aside from Wayne, he was the best forward to ever lace up skates.
i'm one of those people. Gretzky came into the NHL ( well, WHA first ) with a stacked team and put up insane numbers. Lemieux came into the NHL on a bottom feeding team that took years before they even became a contender.

while Gretzky was an insanely gifted playmaker and would have most likely not suffered much during the dead puck era - i highly doubt the same can be said about his goalscoring.

and when you come down to the meat of it, with everything that has happened to Lemieux - the only difference is a measly 0.04 PPG difference between the two.

i've seen both play a lot growing up and Lemieux was just on another level to me. he was tall, had a great reach, could at a turn of a dime just burn a defender, he could score from anywhere even during the dead puck era while carrying 2-3 guys on him ( hell, we've seen him score one-handed )...

if he had been able to be healthier, i know without a doubt he would have broken a lot of Gretzky's records.