View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 09:00 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I think comparing Galchenyuk to Tavares is a bit too far. Tavares has 100 point potential and if he kept up this pace through an 82 game season he would be flirtig with 50 goals. IMO he should get the Hart this year. He and Galchenyuk are in 2 different worlds at this point. Maybe he can be CLOSE to Tavares in a few years.

Hall has higher potential than 65 points like one poster said. He has above a ppg this year and amost had last year. Again there is a reason he went 1st overall.

I say Gally will be like Kopitar or a bit better. Kopitar has 473 points in 518 career games. For the past 5 seasons he has been at just under a point per game. He is a 2 time 30 goal scorer. I think that is a good comparison. I do think he can have a few 80+ maybe 90+ in a career year. But not 100 like Tavares can.
Tavares career PPG 0.87
Kopitar career PPG 0.91

I think Galenchyuk has Tavares potential but agree that Kopitar levels are more realistic.

Except your not factoring in Galenchyuk's work horse ethic. I haven't heard about someone being so dedicated in the off season. One of the reasons why Crosby is so elite is his off season work ethic. His tree trunk legs. You hear that stuff about Alex.

We've seen PK do it and you see what it's done for his game. Prior to the draft, there was tones of chatter about Alex's gym rat habits. Having that kind of dedication is what takes players to the next level.

I'm so glad he's put together this hot stretch. Confidence and producing is so important for the development of offensive players.