View Single Post
04-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Unknown Caller
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
Most of the people I've talked to aren't renewing their ST unless ownership and Lou make a concerted effort this offseason. Winning a game or two at the end of the year where you **** the proverbial bed not once, but twice, is largely meaningless and fans are smart enough to see through that from their own perspective.

So your point holds little water on the ST front. A winning streak builds everybody's confidence but only in stretches where it really matters, but it does nothing for the success of the organization in total or next year's team either. The larger body of work will be judged and for the most part, it's been ugly this year aside from the first 10 games.
Then the people who aren't renewing are whiny *****es. This team was in the Stanley Cup Finals less than 12 months ago and hasn't really been playing poor hockey despite the losing streak. Unfortunately its a 48 game season so a prolonged losing streak and/or bad bounces can really dictate a season. Most of these people who want to see Lou make a "concerted effort" this offseason don't know their ass from their elbow. What would constitute a concerted effort? Big name signings? I hope they know there aren't that many big name UFA's out there. A big trade? I hope they know that we don't have many assets that we can part with.

I'm unhappy with Lou's decisions recently as well. But people who drop their season tickets after the Stanley Cup Finals and a shortened season are never going to be satisfied anyway. And when looking at Lou's options, what can really be expected? Unless you're willing to part with Henrique, Larsson, or potentially Merrill, I don't see what options he has. People just expect Rick Nash or Mike Richards to fall into Lou's lap.

Unknown Caller is offline   Reply With Quote