View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

vCash: 500
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...at-now/2116388

Quote:
For Jean, the chance to mentor Bishop and Lindback is like starting with a clean slate.

Tampa Bay's goaltending has been a revolving door, with Bishop, Lindback, Roloson, Mike Smith, Dan Ellis, Dustin Tokarksi, Sebastien Caron, Mathieu Garon and Cedrick Desjardins all getting starts during Jean's time.

Add a generally shaky defense and the results have not been good. In 2010-11, Tampa Bay was 21st in the 30-team league with a 2.80 goals-against average. It was last in 2011-12 with a 3.34 GAA, and entered Friday 27th at 3.04.

But the lack of continuity in net makes judgments impossible, Yzerman said: "We've got to be fair. That includes me, you, the fans. All the critics out there have to give (Jean) an opportunity. He hasn't had a goaltender to spend a lot of time with that we can judge the effect positive or negative. But I can tell you he's very bright, very professional, and I'm comfortable with the methods he's teaching our goaltenders."
...they've got to see what we're talking about. We may be wrong in our assessment, and don't know how to evaluate goalie coaches, nor are we really doing so beyond watching these guys regress, but isn't the amount of goalies this team goes through indicative of the job the goalie coach is doing, to at least some degree? Why does it seem that other teams don't have this kind of problem so severely, or are we blinded by it being our favorite team?

Last edited by Felonious Python: 04-20-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote