View Single Post
04-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Price is God
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I think there's a fine line between underrating and overrating Galchenyuk.

To the people who think he will top out as a 70 points two-way center... I think that's selling him short a bit. He most definitely is the best offensive talent the Habs have had in the last 20 years. Keep in mind Desharnais had 60 points last season, and Plekanec had 69 and 70 points season. I think Galchenyuk can be better than that.

To the people who think he has 100 points potential... Keep in mind guys like Stamkos, Tavares and Giroux never reached that level since they came into the league. There's basically only one player that is a lock to be a 100+ points player if healthy, and that's Sidney Crosby. Now, I'd be jumping of joy if Galchenyuk can become a 100 points player, but the odds of tht happening are very slim.

I think it's faire to expect him to become someone that can average a PPG with a decent enough two-way play. That would put him in the ballpark of most elite centers in the league, like Tavares, Toews, Backstrom, Getzlaf, Giroux, etc. Expecting anymore than that is utopian.

I think Kopitar is a good example for him.

His past 5 seasons:

82 games
77 points

82 games
66 points

82 games
81 points

75 games
73 points

82 games
76 points

I see on average, just under a point per game player. Which would be top 15 in points every year. With solid defensive play and a leader.

There is nothing wrong with that. Obviously he can put up 80+, maybe 1 or 2 90+ seasons in his his prime or carreer years.