Around the NHL: Part We Get Literally No Help
View Single Post
04-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Originally Posted by
1) Decent point, but I mean how low are our standards if it would be a point of pride of getting owned in the first round (not saying that's a guarantee, but if that doesn't happen this debate is moot) as an 8th seed, just because the Devils missed the playoffs? Sounds something Jets fans would be happy about. Sure we lost 40-0 in the WC round, but the Giants missed the playoffs!
2) Solid point, really no way of knowing. Seems like Slats likes him, so I figure he would search for any reason to not can him. But who knows, it's all speculation.
3) We lost to them 7 straight at one point. We beat them on a day they didn't show up, 6-1. We also lost to them in a shootout in the next game. I would assume they'd be healthier in the first round. Letang is back, will Sid be back? But who knows? Richards may have regained his game, Staal may round out the D. Who knows? I just think chances are it'll still be a quick series.
1) Personally, I ****ing HATE the Devils - more than I hate the Pens - more than I hate Hitler, Bin Laden and Mussolini combined, so for me, the Rangers doing better than the Devils, even if not by much, is beyond sweet.
2) Nothing else to add.
3) It's not a foregone conclusion that we will end up in 8th. I doubt we'll catch the Isles, but Ottawa is playing mostly teams they have a losing record against and could slide down to 8th, also very possible that the Bruins overtake MTL. We could find ourselves in 7th at the end of the season seeded against Boston, who we have traditionally done pretty well against.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by NYR1967