View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
i'm one of those people. Gretzky came into the NHL ( well, WHA first ) with a stacked team and put up insane numbers. Lemieux came into the NHL on a bottom feeding team that took years before they even became a contender.

while Gretzky was an insanely gifted playmaker and would have most likely not suffered much during the dead puck era - i highly doubt the same can be said about his goalscoring.

and when you come down to the meat of it, with everything that has happened to Lemieux - the only difference is a measly 0.04 PPG difference between the two.

i've seen both play a lot growing up and Lemieux was just on another level to me. he was tall, had a great reach, could at a turn of a dime just burn a defender, he could score from anywhere even during the dead puck era while carrying 2-3 guys on him ( hell, we've seen him score one-handed )...

if he had been able to be healthier, i know without a doubt he would have broken a lot of Gretzky's records.
99% of the arguments for Mario and against Wayne are all based on that one word.
Forget the IF and I'll take #99 over 99% any day.