Thread: Brian Gionta
View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
My issue with Gionta is not the way he plays - I'd be perfectly fine to keep the guy, who's all heart and is basically a lock to chip in 20+ goals if healthy per season. What bugs me is the fact he's basically handed quality minutes when he doesn't deserve them. We currently have better options than him in a top 6 role and needless to say he doesn't have his place on the power-play.

It's a shame he gets so much hate, from me included, due to the poor utilizaiton the coach have made of him because as a player, I think everybody would love to have a Gionta on their third line. Maybe not at 5M a year, but if we resign him for half that salary, I'd be fine with it.
That's the thing the coach believes Gionta is a better option than whoever you think should take his spot. It makes no sense to want Gionta gone because of the way the coach plays him. Blame the coach if you want, not the player.

In reality you're not going to get a better player than Gionta for the same cost or less in Free Agency.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote