View Single Post
04-20-2013, 05:27 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
I have a feeling that IF we keep either one of them it'll probably be Bickell. Stalberg will command too much, which is a shame because he's the exact type of role player this team needs.
Yeah I don't see any way Stalberg returns and I don't understand why some hold this preconception that the Hawks will find a way to bring him back. It's just not possible and the Hawks know it will be tough to lock up guys like Hammer, Kane, Toews, Leddy, Saad in the next few years if they start adding more $2-3m, 3-4 year contracts.

But I'm sure some will ***** about Stan when he doesn't re-sign VS anyway, even though they will inevitably be the same people who **** all over him the past few years.

Fact is, if the Hawks management knew that the cap would be coming down like this, maybe they would have let Sharp or Seabrook walk as UFA. But the fact is, all of the big-market teams who are close to the cap right now are going to have to make choices in the next couple of years and realize that it's going to be even tougher to have the kind of depth that the Hawks had in 2010, and that they have now.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote