View Single Post
04-20-2013, 04:36 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Fair enough, sometimes it's just not meant to be. I don't see us moving either Plekanec or Eller unless something crazy happens during the playoffs.

We could really use that type of player though - big, tough RD who can play some PP. The guy I would be more interested in is Bieska but I don't see Van being interested in moving him.
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Please don't go to the main board with that trade for Seabrook. You and by association, most Habs fans, will get laughed at.

My two cents for the off season......keep building for the future through strong drafting and prospect development. This year has been a complete bonus for us.....lets hope we get as far as possible in the playoffs to gain maximum experience. I would love to see both Gallys playing top 6 minutes next year.

I hope our Core pieces when we win the Cup in 3 years are....

But in the short term (this off season)keep almost everybody to help with development.
He fits the Habs perfectly, Eller/Plekanec fits the Hawks perfectly. Too bad things can't get worked out.

If we keep everyone this offseason, we set ourselves up very nicely for the Trade Deadline. Considering we are still in a rebuild, I do hope Bergevin still has the cajones to trade some bigger names with expiring contracts. Gionta (NTC), Markov (MNTC), Diaz, Emelin and Bouillon all have UFA contracts and are capable of benefitting a team. Could get a big return for Markov and Gionta (wouldn't mind seeing Markov finish as a Hab). Hopefully we can re-sign Emelin and Diaz and don't need to trade them.