View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Really happy about Diaz and Armstrong coming back soon (at worst...Armstrong is good for depth as 12th or 13th forward). And Diaz improves our top 4...great stuff!

Prust:
I really hope he rests till playoffs...we know he has a huge heart but he should rest his shoulder, imo, to be as close as possible to 100% for playoffs.

Obviously missing Emelin's mean bodychecking style and shot-blocking, but...our speed has just improved dramatically...probably one of the fastest D-corps in the NHL right now (obviously excludes Markov!):
Subban
Gorges
Markov
Diaz
Bouillon
Weber
----------- -----------
Drewiskie
Tinordi
Beaulieu
That is not even close to being one of the fastest D-corps in the league. Markov is slow and Gorges, Bouillon, Weber and Drewiske fall between slightly above average to slightly below average.

Diaz is the fastest of the group as Subban's speed is very overrated by most on this board.

Off the top off my head St.Louis (Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Bouwmeester, Leopold, Polak, Jackman) and the Rangers (McDonagh, Staal, Girardi, Stralman, Moore, Eminger) are much faster as a unit.

I am not sure why you think Weber is fast because he is an average skater at best. This team is much better off with Emelin in the lineup, especially in the playoffs where the war of attrition can be won with players of his ilk. Weber is simply a bad defenceman who is a liability in his own end and unproductive in the offensive zone.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote