Thread: Speculation: Who should we draft?
View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 10:27 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
This we all know applies to maybe 10 people who post here ALOT. This is my first post in 4 days but I have watched the comical reactions of the TANK or bust people here with much amusment. The opinon of the young players in the organization has changed by the hour. One person states tyhat a wholeale rebuild is not needed but wants to have a top line necxt year of Wilson FF and this draft choice witha second line of Watson Legwand and Borque and a third line with Smith Hornqvist and Beck ANd the 4th from the remaining people from the roster. This is a huge rebuild and I didn't touch the defense.

This type team will fair about as good as the Oil or Ave's from this year. This is not a very good team right now even if all the injured players were back. Beck and Bartley have been the lone two who look to be ready for next year. FF will play here but there is not two other forwards to put with him to match his skillset so he will not be as effective as he could be.

I understand this opinion is not popular nor was my opinion of the team the first of the year and I do not pretend that it will be taken seriously but to humor myself I offer it out there just to enjoy the flammable reactions it will get.

I think Wilson had shown he can be a top line talent and was starting to live up to his hype before getting hurt. If you think FF has nobody of equal skillset to play with then I would have to disagree as we will most likely acquire one if drouin, mackinnon, barkov, or Lindholm and along with Wilson they are all very talented forwards, maybe not all first line ready, but very good.

Plus after unloading erat, we have lots of extra cap space we didnt before. And cap will be going down so some teams will have to make traded to be cap compliant. I could see this team being pretty damn good next season with the addition of a top four defender and a top six forward.

Example of team we could see,

Forwards,
Top six,
Wilson, FF, '13 top five pick, top six free agent, beck, hornqvist,
Bottom six,
legwand, fisher, gaustad, bourque, clune, spaling/Hali.

13th forward : Watson

I saw we move one of spaling/Hali, and move sk74 for a bag of picks of its available.

Defense,

Weber, josi
Top 4 ufa, Klein
Gill Blum/Ellis

7th dman : Bartley

I think that's a pretty solid team all backed up by rinne in net! I just don't know where Craig smith fits in.