View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 11:29 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
As long as San Jose stays ahead of the Blues in points the Blues can't play LA in round 1. Ideally the 4-5 would be Blues-Sharks. In a perfect world the finish is 4. Blues 5. Sharks 6. Kings. Blues beat San Jose, Anaheim wins, and LA plays Chicago after rolling through Vancouver. Blues go San Jose, Anaheim, Kings/Hawks winner. Then they still "have to beat the best to be the best" but they get possibly three rounds out of the deal. They should beat San Jose and they'd have a solid shot against Anaheim (who will not be caught by LA, it's way too late). Then Oshie comes back for that third series.

But the Blues flat-out aren't the better team, so you're hoping for a quick exit by rooting for this. I don't get it. This team has financial needs to keep the team intact. Those needs are real. They need home playoff dates. If they play LA that series is over in four or five and the Blues get exactly two home playoff dates, the bare minimum. You can just turn on LA's games to see the nightmare that awaits us if we draw them.
LAK have had the Blues number the past couple seasons, but I don't think they're playing near the level we saw last post-season. I think they're beatable. (The Blues aren't playing at the level of last season either, but they seem to be on an upswing right now...so maybe they gel and get there.)

I don't get the sense that the players on the Blues fear the Kings at all. Anyway, I think you're blowing that matchup out of proportion.

That said, I want the Blues to finish as high as they can. Home ice in the first round could mean an additional game of revenue...and if there are upsets to the extent of last season it could even mean home ice in the 2nd round...if they get there.

As a fan, I'm a lot less worried about the matchup right now as I am in seeing the Blues playing at their best. They're winning games, showing signs of life...but they aren't there yet. I like the way they responded to the physical play from desperate teams this week. I hope they don't take a step backwards playing Colorado Colorado Calgary.