View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
Price only had 1 great season in his career so I don't know why people say "he's done it in the past" ...yes just once.

He is an average starter. Nothing more, nothing less.

He is overrated at 6.5 M $
Right now, its hard to argue with that but I think basically everyone in the league sees the potential in Price. Even from the recent poll, Price was being one of the front runner for the Vezina (crazy I know). Even in an interview on RDS, Theo Fleury and I think it was Lindros not sure, said Price should win the Vezina. We all know he won't even get nominated but lots of players and ex-players see Price as a really really good goalie.

He's still pretty far from reaching his peak though. Like I said, his mental toughness is pretty weak, especially at this moment. His technique is undeniable but when he has no confidence, he cheats on his position and "plays" the percentage. I'm no expert when most of the time, I don't see "fire" in his eye. Hitting the post with his stick is not enough for me, I want him to challenge the shot, I want him to be energetic, aggressive, that lets no one in his crease and no shy to push them away.

The way he is playing right now reminds me of the year he lost his job to Halak. When he got run over by Janssen. He was shaky and played with no confidence at all.

His biggest problem right now is inside his head.