View Single Post
Old
04-20-2013, 11:43 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
This defensive corps is soft for sure. That has been a given since last season. Nothing has changed since. People have to see that the defensive corps physically was the same last year. Markov has never been physical. Not his job. It will be the GM's job to address that need. But I think that Bergevin is not a 'stop-gap' type of GM. I think he wants his guys in Hamilton to get their chances. Tinordi will be here full time next season.

Like I wrote in the game thread, I think this team has just left its foot off the pedal because of the playoffs. They want to stay healthy before the big show. It's just my opinion, but it is strange that the cheating (2nd to the puck in the D-zone, etc.) has started just after the game against Buffalo.

Problem is: teams can rarely 'put the switch back on' at any time. Doesn't work that way. I sense the vets and the kids are not on the same page, effort-wise. And some kids showed frustration tonight in the 3rd.

I still believe Michel Therrien has done a good job this season, with a pretty ordinary lineup. But his non-use of Galchenyuk is borderline ridiculous right now.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote