View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 02:19 AM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Just like we tried to make Latendresse be Lucic? Let these guys play within their limits. Pacioretty isn't some super powerforward. In fact, he's not even somewhat of a powerforward, he's a big body who can make plays. I see no reason to turn him into something he's not. It's like asking Price to be a stand up goalie now. Why bother? It could be disasterous.

If habs want more grit and more toughness, go out and get it. You can expect players to finish their checks but you can't expect to transform people.
And what are Pacioretty limits?

What's the harm for a player like him to finish his check? What's the harm for a player like him to crash the net? I'm not asking a player like Plekanec or DD to do that because its not their game but for a guy like Pacioretty, it would just make him a better player.

I don't want Pacioretty to be another Ryder. I want Pacioretty to work for his goal, not just standing there and wait for the perfect pass. I want Pacioretty to charge the net and score garbage goal. I want Pacioretty to crash the net to make room and create space for his smaller linemates. I want Pacioretty to finish all his check.

We already have a small team and if our big players like Pacioretty, Bourque and Moen refuses to crash the net and complete their check, it will be quite easy, again, to play against us.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote