Thread: Confirmed with Link: Martin Gernat Signed To 3-Year ELC
View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 02:20 AM
FlyingV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
You're correct in the broad sense, that losing weight is essentially putting out more calories than putting in, but it depends a lot on the BMR (basal metabolic rate) which is how fast one's resting metabolic rate is. If your resting rate is the same as my rate when I'm active, you will expend more energy when you're active than me. It's basically why there are the three body types of ectomorph (people who find it hard to gain weight), mesomorph (the happy medium), and endomorph (people who find it hard to lose weight.

That's my understanding of it, anyway.
Somato type is kind of outdated, and was originally made to describe people of different sizes. There are many factors that go into bmr and total daily energy expenditure such as body weight, body composition(muscle mass), genetics, activity level, macronutrient consumption. Regardless none of this changes the fact that its no harder for any person to gain weight, the only difference is some people have to eat more than others to do it, and because we don't all have the same appetites it could be more difficult for that person to stomach the food. However, thats where liquid calories like oils, milk etc make it much easier.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if Gernat had the dedication to his diet to put on the mass, he could, simple as that.

FlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote