View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Habssince89
Drouin alright

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
he's truly a great kid. enormous heart, energy, enthusiasm. he has tenacity, skill, and a drive that is infectious. quick and shifty, and always drives the net.

however, with his slight build and playing style, my only concern is his long term durability. he has a very good sense of awareness (most of the times), protects and shields himself. similar to subban, whom rarely gets surprised with a hit.

he's a true diamond in the rough. he embodies the spirit and essence of what our team should strive for.
I won't pretend he's big. Because he's not. But he's 5ft9. The media tries to portray him as smaller. If he was one inch taller he'd be in the average range. I'm not worried about his durability for two reasons:
1)He's protected himself better as this season has gone on. He's carving his game before his eyes
2)He's a strong guy for his size and as much as it seems he gets pushed around I think it looks worse than it seems. He may take a few bruises but the fact that he's able to come back for more shows he isn't being maimed by the opposition.

Habssince89 is offline   Reply With Quote