Thread: Anton Strålman
View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Lorb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Fluent skater (mobility is so important nowadays!), good passer, good positionally and can even dish out a hip check once and then. Probably one of our better pointmen of all our defensemen, who isn't afraid to launch the puck if the opportunity is there.

Strålman is an excellent bottom pairing D-man, who can handle top 4 minutes for large stretches if his coach asks him to - and do it well. Which would lead to the conclusion that he's a legit #4 D in disguise as a #5/#6, so Strålman is essential to our defensive depth. So yeah, I praise the guy and not because he's Swedish, but because he's a very solid two-way defenseman. I would actually be happy if Del Zotto would turn into a copy of Strålman's game, especially when it comes to consistency and when to take risks. Torts managed to get some snarl into Strålman's game and become more physical, which turned him into a more effective defenseman in his own zone.

I can only agree that for the minutes he plays and how little you notice him, that's usually a good sign when it comes to defensemen. I have to give some praise for this organization's ability to pick up other teams' thrown out garbage and turn them into legit NHL players (Rozsival, Girardi, Strålman, etc).
Especially with the upcoming cap, cheap effective players are far more important than a $6.5M player.

Lorb is offline   Reply With Quote