View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 07:34 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I remember hearing about Robert Hagg as someone the Flyers are interested in-- however, that may have been due to thinking they were going to be picking later in the 1st round.
Hagg will more than likely end up being a day two pick. Holmgren had asked Mikael Renberg about Hagg and Renberg gave him a run down on him.

In terms of having the 8th overall choice, there's still a very high chance the Flyers end up with Nurse. Yes, I'm a big Zadorov fan, but if Nurse is available when the Flyers pick 8th, then he'll be the guy. I know that Zadorov is a physical specimen at 18 (6'5, 230 pounds), but when Nurse grows into his frame, he'll be just as imposing (6'5, 205 pounds).

In terms of comparisons, I wouldn't say Zadorov is Coburn 2.0. I'd say Zadorov is more like Zdeno Chara was when he played junior hockey - very good defensively and the raw offensive talent was there, but needed to be cultivated. Nurse is very much like Scott Stevens was when he played junior hockey - defensively adept with great offensive potential and a mean SOB.

As far as I'm concerned, the Flyers can't go wrong with either guy. If they end up moving the pick, it's only because they've acquired that elusive young puck moving defenseman with number one upside.