Thread: Post-Game Talk: Islanders win 5-4 in shoot out
View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 09:13 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
My thoughts on the game:

I'm disappointed with the single point, but NOT the game. That was, without a doubt, one of the most entertaining games I've seen this year, with two fast and hungry teams going at it. Felt like a playoff game. Kudos to the Isles and their fans - as I said in the BDT, they've impressed me as of late.

Not going to focus on the negative, as I tend to like to forget about those things - life's too short.

Welly - what the heck did he have for breakfast? If he'd have released that shot a teeny bit sooner, the Jets version of this franchise would have had its first hattrick. Welly? What a good game he had.

Loving Tangradi out there - really seems to have found his game here. I'm sure he'll start finding the back of the net at some point. With some NJ fans wanting Poni run out of town, I think the trade and (4th) round pick that resulted was a good exchange. His shot blocking effort on that one shift was epic - I was laughing and cheering at the same time.

Ladd with his typical gritty game - needed to score in the SO, and he does. Captain "Clutch" as of late (even though I don't really believe in clutch, any more than a player being able to consistently do what he's being paid to do even under pressure).

Bogo: hope he's ok. Loved his passion after that Okposo hit - he was absolutely manic, and appeared to want to mess someone up.

Kane playing injured - good on ya.

Clitsome - man, what a ridiculous flip pass to Welly for that goal. If that doesn't end up on this week's highlight reels, I don't know what to say. Even with some of the boneheaded plays he makes from time to time, I hope we keep him around next year. He's really stepped up the good parts of his game, has played over his head on defensive pairings he's not well suited for, and looks dangerous from the point and when he sneaks in from the point.

5-0-1 in the last six. 11 of 12 points. Tough road ahead of them, and they're going to need help (thanks for nothing MTL ), but I'm loving watching them push as hard as they can. That was a fun, exciting, and exhausting game to watch. Don't know what else you can ask for out of a sports match.

Well, other than two points.

Go Go!

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote