View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
As for Coburn, I have no problems getting rid of Coburn. 8 years in the league and he can't put together one good full season. I get it that he's got a real decent cap hit and when he's on, he's a solid top four guy. With that being said, you never know from game in and game out what Coburn you're going to get. Let someone else give up a top prospect and draft pick for him.
I'm opposed to moving Coburn at this point--barring some absurd overpayment, of course.

Three reasons:

1) Timonen may well retire at the end of next year, and Meszaros, absent some sort of 180 turn, is likely to be let go. Letting Coburn go as well would leave us with Grossmann and Schenn and a bunch of young guys.

2) I believe Coburn can and will rebound next year if paired with a proper PMD. Our priority, I think, should to be acquire / draft / develop a partner for Coburn. For example, the most likely "blockbuster" move, in my opinion, would be something around Couturier + for Yandle--and Yandle and Coburn would be a very strong 2nd pairing--really a 1B type.

3) Trading Coburn now would be selling at an all-time low. Even if you don't think he's going to ever be the shutdown #2 that we hoped, he's still an effective 2nd pairing defensemen with above average mobility.