here are the bright spots to this year
View Single Post
04-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Waive Ryan Smyth
Join Date: Nov 2007
Honestly had Eberle and RNH performed better offensively, we could've snuck into the playoffs this season.
- Trade for/draft a defensively responsible, faceoff capable, preferably big/physical second line center (Berglund etc, Barkov/Monahan could become this)
- Sign a big second line winger (Horton etc, Paajarvi may develop into this)
- Sign some bottom 6 role players with some offensive upside (Bickell, Torres etc, can't be too hard)
- Trade for a top pairing PMD (Yandle etc, we should include Gagner in a package for this once we have the second line center)
- Bring in someone to mentor guys like Schultz/Klefbom (Scuderi etc)
* DO NOT trade Hall, RNH, or Yakupov under any circumstance, don't trade Eberle unless we're including him in a deal for a stud like OEL/Pietrangelo.
* Get rid of the dead weight. Addition by subtraction is without a doubt the most important way to improve this team: Hemsky, Smyth, Belanger, Whitney, and Potter all must go. I wouldn't mind losing Petrell, Smithson, Jones, Fistric, N Schultz, and Horcoff (we can keep him as a role player if we have the cap space and use the compliance buyout next offseason) either.
View Public Profile
Trafalgar Law's albums
Find More Posts by Trafalgar Law