Thread: Speculation: Who should we draft?
View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
For UFAS look at
Hawks
Flyers Nucks
Bruins
Habs
Wild
Pens

These teams are in a pickle and will need to shed a larger salary some more than one for the simple fact of being able to sign enough players to meet the minimum. Preds could sign a nice piece but would need to be very selective and should be able to. DP does not need to eat a salary for a one year deal or an overpaid declining forward. This could be the road block but there will be some nice pieces out there.
Hawks- are fine as long as they let one of Stalberg or Bickell go
Bruins- won't re-sign Jagr or Horton, which will get them where they need to be
Flyers- Plan to amnesty one of Briere or Bryzgalov
Canucks- are fine, but can't re-sign Roy. MAY need to trade Ballard.
Habs- can't afford to re-sign Ryder for much(if any) raise, but could also trade broken down Gionta
Wild- is rumored to try to trade Heatley's last year, if not they'll buy him out and be fine.
Pens- won't resign Morrow; will sign Iginla if possible, and if necessary trade Paul Martin

I think a lot is being made of "cap teams making players available," but it's being exaggerated.

As for the draft..big game in Tampa\Carolina tonight. Would love it to go three points, but it should temporarily move us into fourth tonight either way.

I am starting to believe that Carolina is legitimately losing on purpose.

As I've been saying on Twitter...with the Preds not taking Nichushkin, there are only 3 legit "top line" forwards in this draft...Drouin, Mackinnon, Barkov. All three will likely go in the top four, which leaves "good" talent, but not "elite": Monahan, Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Erne.

It would be really nice to land in that 3 or 4 spot.