View Single Post
Old
12-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
That argument isn't very good either because the New York press is even worse than the Montreal press.

If I were the Islanders, I'd be getting on the horn, but I wouldn't be trading what little offense I have, I'd be trying to pick up some spare parts for the second line and such and that's probably what Milbury was doing. Gainey might have brought up Parrish. And why would we clamor for a guy who is supposed to be a troublemaker? There's also a personnel element to a trade, you can't bring in an ******* (not that Parrish is, but that is the rumor as far as I know).

You're making an inappropriate generalization about the NY press. Alan Hahn, Newsday's beat reporter, is excellent. If you follow his columns closely, it will be rare that he leads you down a blind alley. Peter Botte is also excellent. It is Larry Brooks that gives the NY media a bad rap.

As for your speculation, that is all fine and intersting, but other than a comment on a chat board which you guys are getting excited about, there is not a whit of evidence the Habs and Isles have been talking.