View Single Post
Old
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
You claim that you have been a fan for a long time.
That's my claim. Are you disputing it?
Quote:
How can you possibly, with a straight face, lump in Henke to the greatest goalies of all time based on one year in the NHL? A tad optimistic, no?
I didn't say he will have one of the top 1% careers. He has shown me a skill set far beyond what most NHL goalies ever show. I say this with a straight face.
Quote:
Did you lump in Beezer into that sama category when he started out?
Nope I never put Beezer anywhere near that category.
Quote:
What you are arguing would be akin to the Rangers trading away Richter and keeping Beezer.
I never said that and would not have done it but you can claim I'm arguing whatever you'd like.

Quote:
He had one elite year. That is not the same as being on an elite level already. And if Montoya can be on the same level, what is the damage to find out? If he is on the same level, then the older, more expensive goalie can be traded.
I didn't say to trade Montoya. What I do feel is that if a deal was offered for Montoya that I felt would be a winner for the Rangers I would do it. The counterargument always offered up here is that we can't get much for Montoya now. Fine. Then we don't deal him.
Quote:
No need for ridiculous remarks. Sure anything could happen, but I would say that the odds of Montoya being a top-level starter a just a tad better than that of Holt, wouldn't you say?
Odds favor Montoya over Holt. Odds also favor Lundqvist over Montoya. Ridiculous is in the eye of the beholder.
Quote:

Sigh.....you just cannot see the forest through the trees, can you?
I have more faith in my opinion of the relative merits of Lundqvist and Montoya than I have in your opinion, much like you value your own opinion over mine.
Quote:
This has nothing to do with "fantasy" and everything to do with the possiblities that exist for the future. In another couple of years, there is an excellent chance that Montoya's level will be that of Henke's from last year. Why not find out? If he is, then Henke would make a great trading chip.
We can find it out but I disagree that there is an excellent chance that Montoya will ever attain Lundqvist's skills. This is an argument of opinion, not fact, so calling in to question how I view the situation while placing yourself on a podium of make believe reality is also just fantasy.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote