View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 01:12 PM
PK Cronin
Bailey Fan Club Prez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viggen View Post
Game against Winnipeg was a prime example that the 1. Linie is playing too much too long...

and despite most people here I think Grabner should be in a Power Play line, he scores more and more goals from the slot, has the sense to know where the puck is going to be, and even if it is only to rotate with one of the 1. Liners that seem to be at times totally overplayed...
He doesn't posses the puck well enough to be on the PP, and Moulson is better in front of the net than he is. As poor as Boyes may be, he's definitely better at possessing and controlling the flow of the PP than Grabner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuin View Post
The only thing I did not understand yesterday was why Capuano took him off the crucial PK when the Jets scored their 4th goal and put Okposo out there instead with Nielsen.
I thought the same exact thing, it just didn't add up to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
I get it. Cappy wanted that faceoff drawn to the corner. That's okposos strong side as well. Additionally, that late in the game you probably want two men capable of taking a faceoff out on the ice.
Yeah, you'd like to have two guys capable of winning the draw...but I think it's more important to have two guys capable of actually PKing. I just hope Cappy doesn't make that mistake again (not that it was Okposos fault).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI View Post
Because he didn't drive to the net last night to score that goal.

Maybe if he got enough minutes he'd get the chance to shoot more.
He had more minutes, and that wasn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI View Post
Yeah, if we only had a center he can play with - Oh wait maybe we can try our own Hart trophy candidate?
Maybe next season, the isles don't resign Boyes - Cappy can see what Moulson - JT and Grabner can do together.
Grabner isn't a top line player. He's soft and doesn't have good hands, he also doesn't do as well with more minutes.

PK Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote