View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Craig71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
We'll beat New Jersey and everyone will be like "Yeah,we're back !" like they did against Tampa, because most people don't know that you can win and still suck.
We are hanging on much like we did under Martin but we were not playing this way when successful. We were spending very little time in our end and putting up 30+ shots per night and everything was clicking.

Our game is fast skating and causing a slower opposition to get out of position and take bad penalties and we make them pay. One other factor of our success was getting off to a fast start with the first goal and I believe our system thrives when that is the case. Forecheck, forecheck and then some more, but this has been done with very little bang and crash just rabbit punches if you will. We have been beaten by teams that punish our guys along the boards with their size(Toronto,Pittsburgh,Washington, and most of the east) except the Islanders, they play our style.

We need someone to step up and drag the rest along, I want that to be Max Pacioretty, he is often named a core player and was one of our best last year and needs to look in the mirror and not at any other player. PK Subban has been our star this year and is doing all he can and is the most captain like material wearing the jersey. Price has to be much better, forget Price love or hate, he knows he has to be better for our team to have a chance, heck, any team has to have exceptional goaltending or go nowhere(see Philly). I hope we can get it together but if not,I guess theres always next year.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote