View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Think the Rangers are going to resign at least one (maybe two) of the AHL vet D's--they just don't have enough experienced d-men for Connecticut next year. Of the RFA's not getting resigned I would guess Ferriero, Niemi, Palmieri. The Rangers have enough forward depth where they can just dump both Ferriero and Palmieri and maybe even Mashinter (though I'd hold on to him maybe--size, grit, some skill). Don't think Ferriero, Palmieri were impressive enough or even in the teams plans. Sauer will be a medical decision. It doesn't look good at this point.

Personally I'd keep Pyett--seems to be smooth, good with the puck, helps the offense, maintained a nice +/- throughout the year. Vernace is another option to keep for pretty much the same reasons.

As far as UFA's I'd try to bring back Clowe--but that's got to be within ($-and term) reason. Eminger I like as well. He's a gamer. Other than that Hamrlik, Gilroy, Segal, Collins--it's see you later.

So basically we lose Ferriero, Palmieri, Niemi, Hamrlik, Gilroy, Segal, Collins and unfortunately Sauer-8 bodies. Then there's 4 maybes--Eminger, Mashinter, Pyett, Vernace. And then there's what Clowe decides to do.

If Rangers could dump Taylor Pyatt as well that's another spot.
i think Rangers keep Ferriero based on that he brings alot of speed to the lineup whenever he gets to play.. id dump Niemi, Collins, Segal Newbury before Ferriero..