View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
I guess I'm just less inclined to blow the team up than others:

- Not eager to trade Read--I'd do it for a young NHL PMD (and add if necessary--but not for draft picks or project prospects. You can always take a crack at re-signing him next year, and if he's going to be too expensive, move him at the deadline.

- Not interested in trading Coburn for all the reasons I've sketched above--there's too much long-term uncertainty about our defensive corps, Coburn has had one bad year, but has otherwise performed as a steady if unspectacular 2nd pairing D, and trading him now would be selling low, IMO. Obviously if a deal came along for a true top defenseman that required his inclusion in a package, I'd be open to it, but not interested in flipping him for a defensive prospect with a top-4 projection or a mid-1st.

- If Edmonton wants to trade us something of significant value for Hartnell and he's willing to waive, I'd listen, but based on HF standards, the offer is likely to be Musil or Marincin + 3rd.

I'd rather see the team take a less dramatic approach this offseason. This year went off the tracks from the start. Give the younger guys an offseason to develop and the veterans an offseason to get healthy. I'd also bring Laviolette back. Give Laviolette a shorter leash, but definitely bring him back.

After 20 or so games in 2013-2014, reevaluate. If things aren't going well, then we can take more drastic steps.