View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 01:39 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Better projection doesn't necessarily mean NHL ready--and Sbisa wasn't being groomed into a possible #1D.

If we draft Nurse, I certainly hope he's back in the OHL, playing a #1D role there--top PP minutes, etc. That would be much better for his development then playing 15 minutes a night in the NHL, particularly because it is the offensive part of his game that might well need the most work.

I'd be fine with them possibly working him into the line-up in 2014-2015--but he might also benefit from some time in the AHL.
I think it's safe to say they bungled Sbisa's development. There was so much that went wrong there.

As for Nurse, agreed that he'd be best served going back to junior for another season. This is a kid who just turned 18 years old. He's physically ready for the NHL, but his offensive game needs refinement. I don't think being in Philadelphia would be ideal for his offensive game to come together. The pressure he'd be under would be immense and if he doesn't produce, you can bet that the beat writers (with the exception of Metzler), would be calling him a bust and wanting him shipped out as soon as possible.