View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 01:21 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
We all knew the guy was having shoulder problems. It's almost a relief in a sense because his regression this year is likely mostly injury related rather than his play genuinely regressing because of an inability to to cope with NHL calibre of competition.

Hopefully it's much the same situation with Eberle and recovery/surgery this summer will likewise see him get back to the level he was at last season.

Not sure who to "blame"... RNH likely did not want surgery. What young, highly skilled and motivated player wants to sit for months and not play hockey with people they love to play the game with?

The doctors likely (now I'm speculating) said surgery would be necessary to fix the problem but it wasn't mandatory in an immediate sense... so that left a window of time to get it repaired.

Management listened to both the doctors and their young player who obviously wanted to play... and decided to roll with RNH for the short season optimistically thinking they could potentially make the playoffs and generate excitement... seeing how bright the outlook was for the Hall/RNH/Eberle line + Schultz combo in OKC and thinking that would also translate to the NHl level.

Personally I think if there's a lingering problem (for years in this case), get it dealt with asap.

I can't point fingers of blame at anyone in particular but I think management, RNH and the doctors should have come to this conclusion earlier than they did. When a player is struggling (obvious) and looks like he was playing injured (also pretty obvious) to tier 5 and below fans like many of us here... it's logical that something should be done ASAP.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote